HostGator Reviews: Expert Opinion
HostGator might be one of the biggest, oldest web hosting companies in the industry, but they’re still offering 99.9% uptime guarantee, a free SSL certificate, easy WordPress installs, and a free domain for a year.
I consider them the best web hosting for businesses. They offer 62% off discount, a free domain name, and a free SSL certificate.
Their basic shared hosting plans come with unlimited bandwidth, storage, free domain (during the first year), and a free SSL certificate.
They also have great customer service, who do connect through a live chat and answered each question within a few seconds
HostGator was founded in 2002 and grew quickly to become one of the biggest hosting companies in the world.
You can credit the enormous growth to their great shared hosting plans, reliable web hosting, and quality customer service.
HostGator was founded in Florida in 2002. By 2012 their success had exploded. EIG (Endurance International Group)picked on that and acquired them for $225 million.
EIG is a massive corporation that owns brands like Bluehost, Constant Contact,iPage and HostGator.
- 45 days moneyback guarantee: HostGator is so confident in their service that they extend the industry-average 30-day refund policy an extra two weeks or so to 45 days.
- Flexible billing periods: You can choose between monthly and yearly billing periods. Longer billing periods will get you the most discount.
- Good Customer Support: They offer excellent customer support for all plans which is a huge help for beginners
- Site Security Features Available: They also offer Spam Assassin on their email plans to help prevent spam from hitting your inbox in the first place.
- Higher monthly pricing: Monthly pricing is quite higher than annual plans. You can remedy this by choosing the annual plans as they do offer a 45-day moneyback guarantee.
- No Limited Backups: All of the ‘extra’ stuff, like site backups, Gmail access, SiteLock Monitoring, and SEO tools will all cost you extra when it’s time to checkout.
HostGator offers a variety of hosting plans. You can choose from shared hosting, VPS hosting, and dedicated servers
Shared hosting, if you're not familiar with the category, is a type of web hosting that sees multiple sites living on a single server
Their shared hosting plans are meant for small and medium projects that don’t get hundreds of thousands of visitors per month. This type of service hosts different websites under the same server. Most likely the one you should get, at least to start with. Their prices go from $2.75 to $9.75
HostGator lets you install the WordPress content management system (CMS) onto any of its servers, but the web host also offers three tiers of managed WordPress web hosting: Starter, Standard, and Business.
These go from $12.95 for one site, all the way up to $81.95 per month.
Virtual private server (VPS) hosting is for people who want more server horsepower than what shared hosting offers.
VPS hosting also has multiple websites hosted on one server, though far fewer in number than what you'll find on a shared hosting server.
You'll pay more for a VPS server, but you get more server power in return. VPS plans at HostGator start at $80 per month.